Skip to main content
Leave site quickly!
Leave site quickly!

Making a complaint

If you are a victim of crime, you are entitled to certain levels of care and service from the different agencies involved – for example the police and the Crown Prosecution Service.

Unfortunately, not every victim of crime receives the standards of care and support that they should. This can cause a great deal of distress, on top of the harm caused by the crime itself. If you don’t receive a high quality service from the criminal justice system or a victim support service, you can make a complaint.

There is no single body to complain to – it depends on which agency you are making the complaint about.

Unhappy with Greater Manchester Police?

There are a few different organisations responsible for dealing with police complaints. To make sure you get a quick and appropriate response, visit the following web page to find out where best to direct your complaint.

Unhappy with our helpline?

To give us feedback or make a complaint about our helpline service, please email us.

Unhappy with a service provider listed in our directory?

Please be aware that the services included in our directory have not been quality assessed. The directory is intended as a guide to the information only and is not a recommendation of services shown. You will therefore need to contact the individual service provider to make your complaint as we will not be able to formally assist you.

However, we want to hear about your experiences using victims' services in Greater Manchester and need your help to make things better. Your feedback will help us improve services for future victims and survivors of crime. Please use the feedback drop-downs available at the bottom of each service provider listings page, or email us at .

Unhappy with the way your complaint is dealt with?

If you are unhappy with the way your complaint is dealt with, you can contact your MP about it, or contact the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman, which makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS, UK government departments and some other UK public organisations.

Sorry, the browser you are using is not supported.

If you would like to use this website, please update or use a different browser. We recommend Google Chrome for the best experience.

Other recommended browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. If you are already using one of the browsers listed, then you will need to update your browser to the latest version.